The tour starts from our reception, our guide receives you and offers fresh, water or Costa Rican Typical Coffee. We proceed to move to our comfortable and safe motorboats where we will begin the tour of the Rio Grande de Tárcoles, admiring these magnificent ancient reptiles with sizes larger than 4 meters long.
The tour starts from our reception, our guide receives you and offers fresh, water or Costa Rican Typical Coffee. We proceed to move to our comfortable and safe boats where we will begin the tour of the Rio Grande de Tárcoles.
We will observe crocodiles, birds and other species in their natural habitat.
The boat enters the Guacalillo Canal, an estuary where there are four different mangrove species (black, red, white and button) and constitutes an important refuge for the Red Lapa (Psittacidae, Ara Macao), so Its presence is very common in the area of Tárcoles.
Trip to the mouth of the Tárcoles River towards the Pacific Ocean.
Our Captains are Certified by the Ministry of Public Works and Transportation (MOPT) and the National Learning Institute (INA), the Guides are Certified and bilingual (Spanish and English).
They will always be provided with the best possible service because this is a Wild Sanctuary and the Habitat of the species must be respected.
Departure hours: 08:30 a.m. | 10:30 a.m. | 1:30 p.m. | 3:30 p.m.
Departure: Company Dock
Duration: 02 hours approximately
Difficulty level: Easy
Regular Tour group size:
- Minimum 2 people
- Maximum 50 people
- 4 boats available
Google Maps Location:
- Certified Captain
- Bilingual Certified Guide (Spanish / English)
- Full color printed bird guide
- Safety equipment
- Filtered water to refill bottles
- Typical Costa Rican Coffee
- Mango juice or cold tea Lío Tea.
- Private parking for your vehicle if required
What to Bring?
- Light clothing and appropriate footwear (tennis or sandals)
- Insect repellent
- Hat or Cap
- Glasses or other items to protect against sunlight
- Towel or cloth
- Personal medications if for any reason you suffer from any illness.
- Dry bag for storing important items (optional)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Video camera and / or photographic camera (optional)
- It is suitable for children of all ages.
- It is suitable for anyone with reduced capacity
- It is suitable for anyone
- Child rate applies between 04 to 09 years
- Does not apply Rate for Infants between 0 to 03 years
GREEN SEASON RATES MAY 01 TO SEPTEMBER 30
ADULTS PRICE: $35 | CHILDREN PRICE: $30
08:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m.